7 Things and 3 Blogs
As a Versatile Blogger Award recipient, I have to post 7 things about myself and give the award to other new and exciting blogs that I enjoy. I was going to do the nominations early next week, but things change. . . which brings me to my list:
- I don’t like having things hanging over my head. I make many lists and I like to check things off.
- I am a serious TV junkie. I take great pleasure in researching and charting the shows that I want to watch at the beginning of each season– yes, you read that correctly: I make TV charts. (You couldn’t possibly mock me for this any more than Elliott already does.) Currently my favorite shows are Castle, Top Chef, Project Runway and Community.
- I was raised Catholic. I married an Episcopalian. I send my daughter to a Jewish preschool and I have been reading Buddhist texts regularly since age 12. But I find nothing more spiritually rejuvenating than a hike through the woods.
- I have always been a big animal rights supporter but I guiltily go to the zoo about once a week because Lilly loves giraffes and gorillas. I have at times been a vegetarian and I think I could probably do it forever . . . if I could still eat bacon and Italian sausage.
- I am convinced that major changes to food policy in this country would solve many of our economic, labor, obesity and healthcare problems. I’m just too lazy to gather the data to prove it.
- I love reading fiction and non-fiction books and, especially since leaving law practice, I like to give myself some challenging reading to keep my brain working. The last 3 books I read were: Eats, Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss; The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I am currently reading Constitutional Law Stories edited by Michael C. Dorf.
- Some days I love my blog and some days I hate it. It all comes down to a compulsion for writing and #1 (above).
Now the exciting part where I get to give kudos to some of the new blogs I have come across and have enjoyed getting to know. Without further ado, I would like to give the Versatile Blogger Award to the following 3 bloggers (in no particular order):
- Carolina at Expect Moore. I love looking for crafting ideas almost as much as I love doing crafts, and there is no shortage of fun and creative ideas on Carolina’s blog.
- Midnight Mama on Dear Daughter . . . I was first drawn to this one because I too keep a journal of letters to my daughter. But Midnight Mama’s sense of humor and anecdotes about motherhood, failures in vegetarianism and crafting struck a chord with me.
- Jules at Ad Bits. I only recently found this one when Jules commented on MushBrain, but it’s become a regular stop for me. Elliott’s in marketing also so I’ve learned to appreciate commercials more in recent years and I enjoy the funny lead-ups to her featured ads.
Keep up the great work, Ladies!
The 7 Things and 3 Blogs by MushBrain, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Terms and conditions beyond the scope of this license may be available at mushbrain.net.